Thursday, May 06, 2010

Something new

Well, this is certainly nothing important to the masses, but for us, it was a big deal. LOL
We've had the same bedspread for 4 years now. I loved the style of it. It looked like an Amish quilt, we had purchased it form JC Penny's when we moved in together. The only problem, it wasn't warm enough in the winter, and because it was more like a quilt it was stiff, slightly too small for our queen sized bed, and had the tendency to travel over the bed at night and end up on the floor. So I had been thinking of getting a new bed set for a while now.
I didn't want to stray too far form the color scheme though, since my lamps and curtains were staying. Anyway, while we were up in NJ visiting, we had to do some shopping right? I swear I never have any problems finding exactly what I want up in NJ. LOL
So we hit the Marhall's in my old home town. It's definitely one of my favorite stores ever. Lo and behold, the perfect comforter, super soft, cool yet warm, 300 thread count cover. I was pretty excited, it even came with the shams and 3 decorative pillows! Plus is was $90 for the whole shebang. So I snagged it, and it's great. It's super big too, so it actually covers both of us even when i twist up. I am a world champion bed twister, doncha know? So, here's a pic, revel in it's glory. Haha.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Looks great and what a fantastic bargain!