Monday, July 19, 2010

It's like Thunder, lightning, it ain't so exciting!

Summer is here in NC and that means vicious life-threatening thunder/lightning storms. I feel like I should be in Tornado Alley even though I know I'm not. Tornadoes happen too though, and I saw one 1 mile from my house last year but failed to get pictures. So we have frequent storms, sometimes every night. Here's some pics Chris was lucky enough to capture. He's a lightning snob and doesn't record them to video and get screenshots, he wants to get them the old fashioned way, quick fingers. LOL
The reason why it isn't exciting is that I absolutely am terrified of lightning. I was in a hospital when I was 4 or 5, getting some kid r elated stitches and this kid came in who had gotten struck by lightning. Seeing him was a horrible experience and has spooked me for life with lightning. I used to hide in my mother's powder room, which had no windows, because I don't even like to see the flashes, so you can imagine how wonderful all these storms are for me. OH MY! I knowosme people love them, but not me, I'm getting a little better than I used to be, since Chris really calms me, but I'm still flighty. hee

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I can see why lightening would scare you; poor little Heza! I'm less keen on the thunder, probably because sudden loud noises make me jump. I really don't like the idea of tornadoes, so I hope none get close enough to you for any photo ops in the future. Cool photos from Chris!