Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Movie. PT 1




We went and saw Hellboy 2- The Golden Army weekend before last, and I'll tell ya, i freakin loved this movie. It stood up to the first movie brilliantly, whie having a wonderful life of it's own. It was engaging, fast moving and humorous with all of Ron Perlman's charm as the grmupy anti-hero. Guillermo del Toro's imaginaton shines on in the Troll Market scenes with a menagerie of freaks, monsters and ghouls never seen before. This movie doesn't take itself too seriously though and ends up being exactly what it is intended to be, a fun, action packed, popcorn mumchery summer flick. I'll give it 4 Hezas. hahaha.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Good to know you liked it so much. I'm really looking forward to seeing this, but we don't get it until next month. At least The Dark Knight is out here tomorrow so I'll get to that ASAP. Have you seen it yet? I have really high hopes.